Before the Congress
- Please familiarize yourself with the program, session and speakers.
- Please prepare some backup questions.
At the Congress: Before the Session Starts
Approximately two minutes before the start of the session, please ask people to take their seats, encouraging them to sit towards the front and center. Ask them to set their mobile devices to silent and request that they do not take photos of the presentation slides or record the session.
Start of the Session
- Introduce yourself by name and affiliation.
- Welcome the audience in the hall.
- Announce the title of the session.
- Introduce the speaker and presentation title and supervise the presentation from the head table using the microphone provided.
During the Session
As the session moderator, you are responsible for the time management of the presentations within your session hall.
- It is essential to adhere to the scheduled start and end times of each talk. This is so that people can move from one room to another and find the talks as announced in the program.
- Please announce a two-minute warning so that a speaker can time the end of their presentation and not overrun.
- If the presenter is speaking too quickly and cannot be easily understood, please ask them to slow down.
- If the session ends early, please solicit questions from the audience and lead a discussion.
- If you finish before the allotted time, you may let the session out early.
- Notify the in-hall AV Technician immediately of AV equipment problems.
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters and the audience for their participation.